iPhone 4/HD + Existing TomTom Car Kit

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CBX, May 12, 2010.

1. CBX macrumors regular

Did any of the sites claiming to have the new iPhone release its size?

Im just wondering if it would fit in the current tomtom car kit?

Any thoughts?

2. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I've been wondering the same thing. Will everyone have to replace their docking stations, hifi systems etc in order to get the new iphone?

that would be hugely frustrating, and would prevent a lot of people from upgrading.

I would hope that simple adaptors would be made available however

3. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

the connectors will remain the same but the docks would probably change due to size difference.

Unless I'm mistaken, TomTom Car Kit doesnt have a fitted connectors, does it ? if not, I would assume you would be ok.

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I would of thought it would fit but looking at the images on gizmodo again the new phone does look taller by a few milometers

[​IMG]

5. abcdefghijklmno macrumors member

6. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

I think the car kit is built with enough room for these kind of changes. I used to use my iphone with a hard case and it would fit in the carkit just fine..

7. hushmartin macrumors 6502

I've been wondering that myself. 30 dollar a pop cases, docks, car kits... I only have a couple hundred wrapped up in that crap, and it might all become useless. I know a lot of other people spend much more!

8. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

I believe that Tom Tom will consider that the iPhone is a premium mobile device and as such provide superior customer support. In the event the dimensions of the newer iPhone are significantly different they should make it right. I would expect them to provide a "fix" at the very least.