Iphone 4 HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by candn14, Jul 27, 2011.

1. candn14 macrumors newbie

Been trying to restore my Iphone 4 back to its normal factory settings as i am selling it tomorrow.

Went to restore it and now stuck on the screen showing Itunes Logo and USB Cable and everytime i try and restore it comes up with these messages:

"The iPhone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

"itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode. You must restore this iphone before it can be used with Itunes"

HELP!

Its running 4.3.3 and 04.01.10

ANY IDEAS?!?! Tried it on 2 different Mac's and with different itunes!

2. mutchy126 macrumors regular

Try and Use DFU Mode and delete the Firmware from your Libary Folder if you are using a Mac, Then Use DFU Mode and let iTunes re-download the latest firmware and Install it.

DFU Instructions: http://adf.ly/2Bj85
    Firmware Downloads: http://adf.ly/2EBIE

3. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

I would suggest you to keep it on 4.3.3 as the next owner might want to jailbreak it ..
    Download ifaith
    http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/products/view/ifaith.snow

Dump shsh.
    Make a signed ipsw
    Put phone in pwned dfu stare
    Shift restore in iTunes

Doing this ur phone will be restored on 4.3.3 itself.. So if next owner wants a jailbreak he can do it :) if u update to 4.3.4/4.3.5 jailbreak isnot possible for end user :)

Edit : just read u have a Mac. Do above steps on a windows machine ..

4. candn14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried both and still coming up with that the Iphone cannot be restore due to being an eligible restore or something along those lines!

I am not wanting to upgrade it to the latest version as then i will not be able to unlock it using Gevey Sim!

5. candn14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but can i do this is the Iphone is displaying the image of

'Itunes and USB Cable'

6. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

What ipsw are you restoring with? 4.3.3 or 4.3.5? If 4.3.3, do you have the shsh for 4.3.3? If not then you can NOT restore to 4.3.3.

7. candn14 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am trying to restore it to 4.3.3 what it was on before this problem happened!

I am using one that i have downloaded from website online!

Could i use a backup from another iphone i am using on 4.3.3 and restore it using that?

8. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

I'll try one more time: Do you have the shsh for 4.3.3?

9. candn14 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

SHSH. Not ipsw. Google SHSH.

If you don't know what SHSH is and what it does, I'm pretty sure you do not have SHSH blobs for 4.3.3. Meaning you CAN NOT downgrade or restore to 4.3.3. In any way!

11. kzahid06 macrumors member

Having the 4.3.3 .ispw firmware installed is not the same as having the 4.3.3 shsh blob saved. Just a quick note.

12. candn14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can i save or get the SHSH from my Iphone 4 which is currently running 4.3.3?

13. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

No. Apple does not support 4.3.3 anymore. So no! You can not get it. Will you please listen, when I tell you that you can not restore or downgrade to 4.3.3?

14. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Listen to these guys. they know what they are talking about. I was downgrading from 5b4 yesterday and my phone was stuck on that screen. The screen that " i got a bricked phone from the beta, i ended up getting it to restore back in a couple of tries with DFU mode.". So google what he said, and you will get back to where you are wanting to be. Also, if all else fails, follow these steps and i promise it will work again. 1) DFU 2) restore to 4.3.5
    3) make sure you have done 1 and 2, post back here with a working phone.