iPHONE 4 HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nyjoe84, Aug 21, 2010.

1. nyjoe84 macrumors member

nyjoe84

Hey Everyone My Sreen Is Unresponsive, Frozen And Not Working, Now It Just Shut Off And Can Not Go Back On. Keep In Mind The Phone Is Not Jailbroke And Im Pretty Sure I Have No Water Damage Bc I Never Keep My Phone Around Water. Does Any Body Know Why This May Be Happening And Two If There Was Water Damage How Do You Check , I Know The Iphone 3gs Had A White Sticker In The Charging Port. Thank You
    Joey

2. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

Its the same look down the headphone jack hole and look in the dock connector hole. if you see red you have water damage.....try resetting the phone by holding the home and power button down until the shuts off ..then let go and power it back on normally

3. nyjoe84 thread starter macrumors member

nyjoe84

I dont see a sticker in the headphone port or the charger port though

4. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

To make it easier for other members to assist you, try using a descriptive title, and also, try to use good grammar. It's annoying to See People Type Like This.

As for what's wrong with your phone; how would we know if it was water damaged? You'd be the best one to know, as you're the one who would recall dropping it in water or something. If the strips in the headphone jack and dock connector area are white, your phone is not water damaged.

5. nyjoe84 thread starter macrumors member

nyjoe84

OK I'm Sorry just freaking out here b/c if not water damaged then im good and apple will give me a new phone tomorrow when i go to the local apple store in the AM. I may see stickers in the top headphone port and the charging port and looks white. Is that good ?

6. iTak3n macrumors newbie

Yes, The sensors are located in the bottom of the headphone jack, and in the bottom of the dock connector. If the stickers are white, which indicates no water damage, Apple will replace the device.