iPhone 4 + holiday in Canada + internet access!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 0dev, Jul 8, 2011.

1. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

As the thread title says, I'm off to Canada for a holiday and I have an unlocked iPhone 4. I don't care too much about calls and texting but I need internet access while I'm there.

Can anyone recommend a good plan/network I can use to get about a week of internet for my iPhone 4?

If I can't get a Micro SIM, I can use my BlackBerry instead and just browse through Opera Mini to avoid having to get BIS if that isn't possible, but for obvious reasons, I would prefer to just use the iPhone.

Thanks! :)

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I live in New Brunswick and I've been on Telus for 4 years. I get really good service and speeds with them. Bell is also good. Rogers is terrible where I live.

3. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

But do any of those offer reasonable PAYG internet access? I have no idea how everything works in Canada, from what I've read is vastly different to the UK and I'm even more confused than I was before :D

4. g35 macrumors 6502a

5. thegasman macrumors newbie

If you are staying in a good hotel, just use their wireless system. It means limiting yourself to hotel time only but could save a bit of money. I recently toured the West Coast of the U.S ( Fantastic Country by the way to anyone on here who lives there- we had a great time) Every hotel we stayed in (apart from Vegas) offered free wi-fi access.

6. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

Problem with open WiFi is not all the sites I wanna log into have SSL.

Seven Eleven Open Talk (or whatever its called) apparently does pre-pay unlimited browsing for $10 a month, which sounds great to me.