iPhone 4: Home Activation + Unlimited Plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Khryz, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone.

1) I'm planning on having my iPhone 4 delivered to my house for home activation and was just curious if anyone is aware of any sort of complication that could arise because I wish to continue my Unlimited Data Plan? Once I plug in my new iPhone to my iTunes it'll auto-sync everything over to my new iPhone 4, along with it's current plan (provided I renewed my contract already)?

2) Another curveball is that I am a part of a Family Plan with 2 parents and 2 brothers. Right now I'm the only one with an iPhone and only one with data (Unlimited) but a couple of my family members want iPhone's too now when we renew.

So what I'd have to do is before the 15th have my father sign on to AT&T's website and renew our contract there, keeping me on Unlimited but adding the iPhone's data to my other family members who want it? Or would it be better if we all went to an AT&T store before the 15th?

And then I can go and pre-order my iPhone 4 from Apple's website on the 15th at the $299 price?

2. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry for the bump everyone, but can anyone help me out?

I'd appreciate it!

3. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

once order it im pretty sure they ask for ur info on what line ur upgrading and ect. then when it gets to u and u connect it to itunes ur iphone will be activated and ur old one deactivated, your plan wont change. then u just sync to put ur music and stuff on.

well u can only get iphone data if u buy an iphone so sorry they cant get unlimited.

4. dave006 Contributor

dave006

First, don't have your father touch anything on the account. It will not expire. Just make sure the bill is paid. When your contract date arrives, you switch to a 30 day auto renewing service agreement.

Each line on a FamilyTalk rate plan has an individual contract and can be renewed without impacting the overal rate plan.

On June 15, just pre-order from Apple for home delivery. You can order an iPhone 4 for your individual line. If you want to pre-order additional iPhones, you can also do this and you will have the option to add one of the current data plans since they will not qualify for the Unlimited data plan.

When you get the iPhone 4, connect to iTunes to complete the activation and this will complete the "renewal" of your contract. It really creates a new two-year service commitment. AT&T has stated the if you currently have the Unlimited data plan you can keep it. ( Millions of us are hoping this remains true.)

Dave

5. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you very much Dave!

So you're saying that if I activate my iPhone on the 24th - I am re-starting my 2 year contract from then whereas if my Mom activates her iPhone on July 24th, her contract restarts on that date?