iPhone 4 home button acting up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Andeavor, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Andeavor macrumors 6502

Sometimes, when I hit the home button, it either doesn't react or does the wrong thing. It doesn't really bother me, but I was wondering whether that has happened to anyone before.

I have the lasted iOS version installed.

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

A restore *might* fix it but if not, you're probably better of going to an Apple Store. Even if it's out of warranty they might give you a replacement for free if you've never needed one in the past. It's worth a try.

3. andrewkotler macrumors newbie

I had the same issue (and my iPhone was out of warranty) and the guy at the Apple store replaced it for me for free. I'm not sure if they do this all the time with an expired warranty, however definitely worth going in your local Apple store and giving it a shot if you have one near by.

4. FineFuturity macrumors member

I'm having the exact same issue.

Mine's been acting up for a few months now. I don't know why, but for some reason, like the OP, there are times where I press it many, many times and it just doesn't work. Other times, it will just work again. I should also add that this happens at random.

I've sent it in to Apple ****ing twice, and I'm getting pretty fed up with them not being able to reproduce the damn problem. I know I can repair it myself, but seeing as to how I have until August 6th until the warranty expires, I wanna see if I can get a replacement phone. This is ****ing driving me nuts that they can't seem to replace it. :|

And right now, an Apple Store is a no go, since I won't be near one until the 25th, and by the time I get to it, the warranty is going to be expired.

I'm at the end of my rope, because if I've called Apple twice about this issue, it's obvious that this hasn't been resolved.

5. ledlauzis macrumors member

ledlauzis

Before you visit Apple Store you can try to restore your iPhone (install as new) to make sure this is not just software related issues.

I did restore my iPhone and now its home button is working just find at least for now.

Here are detailed instructions: http://ubuntulife.net/iphone-home-button-not-working/

6. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

iPhone 4 out of warranty with malfunctioning home button

Tried all the troubleshoots...nothing works, therefore looks like I have a hardware problem:(

Will need to remove my jailbreak and try my luck at an Applestore.

7. batting1000 macrumors 604

I'm sure if you go there when you can and tell them how your warranty just expired and you weren't able to come in, etc, etc, they might do something for you.