iPhone 4 home button flakey fix

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by freedevil, Nov 29, 2010.

1. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_5; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.19.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.3 Safari/533.19.4)

I suffer from the unresponsive iPhone home button daily. Many times it would not respond at all. This has plagued me since I jailbroke my phone.

I fixed it by pressing the home button in. I remember while jailbreaking I may have pushed it too hard. Pushing it and keeping it pressed for 20 seconds has totally solved my problem. My issue was more extreme than many users who would have casual issues.

Tested my phone now and not one error/problem with the button. I have activator set to restart on short hold of home button so it did reboot the phone during this.

So try to hold the home button in firmly reboot and see if ti fixes your problem. If not keep trying it varying pressure on the home button.

2. mattyboy7110 macrumors member

A quick google led me here and I tried this without much hope, but what do you know, first time it was a bit better, second time and it's really now quite responsive.

Lets see how long it lasts, but I'm a little happier!