iPhone 4 home button - miss fires

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dand1996, Oct 10, 2010.

1. dand1996 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Looking for some opinions. A couple times a day my iPhone 4 will not do anything when I hit the home button (it immediately works upon hitting again ) and will pull up multi tasking when I click the home button once.

I am Jb on 4.0.1. The fact that this only happens a couple times a day, and not consistently leads me to believe it's amsoftware issue. Could it be activator? Any opinions?

2. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Stop by an Apple store & have it looked at. Sofware either works or it doesn't.

3. jpw16 macrumors member

jpw16

I have this same issue with my iPhone 4 too. It happens every day once or twice.

4. dand1996 thread starter macrumors regular

Hardware typically either works or it doesn't. Its all or nothing.

Software can be corky and present intermittent issues.

5. aslucher macrumors member

You know I have been having the same problem and honestly its making me extremely angry. I have a launch device if it matters.

I think it is software, only because with 4.0 came multitasking(nothing new i know just hang on) and with that came a reorganization of the home button's control. Aka they changed something and its not perfect, maybe there is a lag in a check to see what programs are running??? Idk just throwing crap out there..

6. tangokim macrumors member

i have the same problem, jb at 4.0.1 and i though jb causing this, so i upgraded to 4.1 stock with the same problem. i took it to apple store and they took the back cover off and reinsert the ribbon(according to them,lol).they also told me my springboard crashed/corrupted and recommend restore.same issues after fresh restored, took it to apple and swap it out, new phone NO MORE issues with home button. The hardest part of this is duplicate the problem to those apple guys,they think im crazy and wasting their time.i hate going in there,they never believe you.

7. draz macrumors 6502a

This only started happening after I jailbroke today via limera1n running iOS 4.1

The home button worked perfectly fine before

8. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Yea im having the same issue. Not a big deal to me but i see it as a software glitch than anything else. Anything that can keep me from having to visit the so called "Genius' " is ok with me.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

So no one else thinks we need a JB section on the forums? Awesome.

10. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

hey, that actually happens to me too, very rarely though, and not at all reproduceable

Trying to quit an app with a single homebutton tap, it opens up the multitasking bar.

So, i suppose its a little software glitch, then

11. jmmtn4aj macrumors member

It's likely hardware. The button, despite it's simplicity, is ultimately a mechanical device. Like all mechanical devices it's prone to failure.