iPhone 4 Home Button Not Very Responsive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by re2st, Jun 23, 2010.

1. re2st macrumors regular

I have to click it several times, sometimes, to get it to work. Can anyone confirm this, or did I just get a lemon? :confused:

Also, where do I find the setting for Home Button? I didn't see it under General > Home Button.

2. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

My home button feels great. It is much snappier than on my 3G (which I will admit was getting pretty worn out).

I'm sad to say you might be the exception- I have seen a lot of positive praise for the "new" home button.

3. csupinski macrumors member

csupinski

I'm having the same issue, I have to press the home button relatively hard for it to register.

4. tirk macrumors 6502

tirk

Same issue here - button responds only to a hard poke from a gorilla! Called Apple Support who authorised a replacement - picking that up from Apple store on Monday.

5. tkillips macrumors newbie

Do you guys have the original plastic covering on still? The way they put it on in the factory allows for minimal contact. Try taking off the plastic (if you haven't already), should fix the problem.

That happened with my first iPhone, really frustrating until I figured it out so I thought to pass the suggestion along.

6. old-school macrumors 6502

I've got to say, the home button on my iP4 is fantastic, and one of the most enjoyable to use on the phone. From a hardware perspective this was actually my worst fear for this new phone. Especially after increasing frustration with my old 3G I thought double clicking to switch apps could have been dodgy.

From my own experience I think the 'home' button is now a very central part in using the device, and the quality of the button is excellent. It is a lot better than I optimistically thought it would be.

7. lggreat macrumors newbie

mine has the same issue, i may go to the appstore to get the issues resolved:mad:

8. re2st thread starter macrumors regular

I may do the same thing, but not until the iPhone line has subsided.. It seems impossible to get inside any Apple Store nowadays.. :(

9. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Question for anyone with an iPhone 4 and who has used an iPad: does the Home button on the i4 click as loudly as the iPad's does?

10. RobNor macrumors 6502

My Iphone 4 is a little quieter than the ipad but feels just as positive,my 3GS was a bit spongy in feel

11. re2st thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting you asked, I just used my iPad again after a while, and I can feel the difference. It's quieter, and much more responsive.

12. lggreat macrumors newbie

there are few things i need to talk about the iphone4's home button.
    the new design of home button is similar to the 2g iphone. you can actually feel you are clicking it (unlike 3g and 3gs which is sticky). however, my issues is even the home button is not so responsive unless you click it really really hard. if you just simply click it, the button would not work properly:mad:
    btw, i also have the antenna issue and yellow spots issue on my new phone. the antenna issues is solved since i have the bumper installed. but the yellow spots issues is really annoying. i made appointment with apple store at 5th avenue tomorrow, and i will post apple's solution asap.

13. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator