iPhone 4 - How to restore to 4.0.1 ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vinzer, Aug 11, 2010.

1. vinzer macrumors newbie

Hello all,

When jailbreak for iPhone4 finally comes out ? :confused:

Just kiding :)

My questions is:

I am under 4.0.1 with my iPhone4.
    My SHSH Blobs are saved.
    Now I want to restore back to 4.0.1 but due to the fact that 4.0.2 is out I can not. What should I do in order to restore to 4.0.1 ?
    Should I download somewhere on the net .IPSW for 4.0.1 and what after ? I have no clue how to put my iPhone 4 in restore mode in order to connect to iTunes and while holding shift key choose custom IPSW. Please help. Or is there any other way to restore to 4.0.1 for me ?

Thank you,
    Vlad

2. iphonedude123 macrumors member

Depending on platform, open the following file

Windows:
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

MAC
    /etc/hosts

add the following to the bottom
    Save and then restore using the downloaded IPSW.

3. vinzer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you ! ;)

One last questions - how to put iPhone4 in Restore mode ?
    It looks like it is different from the way iPhone3G and 3GS are done...

4. bnaturalbmuse macrumors newbie

Issues

I have done all of these steps and am having trouble saving the host file b/c it says that I do not have permission to save. I am the admin on my comp and even changed to info so that the permission in the info screen says that I can read and write this file. I rebooted my MAC OSX and am still having the same problem when I followed all of the steps here:

http://www.ihackintosh.com/2010/08/downgrade-ios-4-0-2-to-4-0-1-for-iphone-4-iphone-3gs/

I am not sure if I am supposed to post links on this forum....but I am just trying to get this done b4 apple finds a way to disable this downgrade.

Thanks!

5. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

6. iphonedude123 macrumors member

I knew TinyUmbrella has it's own server but does it also automatically redirect the signature request to localhost?

I've never actually had to actually use my SHSH blobs but it would be nice to know.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

if your shsh is saved as you mentioned then tiny Umbrella tricks Itunes into thinking it's checking with Apples server and firmware is still ok with Apple so Itunes will restore with that firmware. it pretty simple really. here is a walk thru I like on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNOo92BrHH4 the guy is well known for writing themes and a few other things. hope this helps!

8. iphonedude123 macrumors member

thanks,good to know.

9. miver macrumors newbie

Unlock my Iphone 4 that already has 4.0.2

:(My questions is:

I am under 4.0.2 with my iPhone4. Because unfortunately I downloaded from 4.0.1 (that had cirix) to 4.0.2 (now I do not have cirix):(
    My SHSH Blobs are not saved.
    Please help. Or is there any other way to restore to 4.0.1 for me ?
    I await for your help
    Thanks a lot!!!

10. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Why in the world are people updating to 4.0.2? Just go download TinyUmbrella and save your SHSH. At this moment you can still save 4.0.1 SHSHs.