iPhone 4: How to retrieve lock screen wallpaper file?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SVTHorsnake, Sep 29, 2011.

1. SVTHorsnake macrumors newbie

My laptop was stolen and I lost the file for my lock screen wallpaper. It's a very important picture to me. Can someone explain how I can recover this file from my phone in original resolution without taking a screenshot? If you can, please try to do so in laymens' terms as I'm probably not as proficient as a lot of you. If it changes anything, I bought another MacBook Pro so that's available to me if need be.

Thanks!

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

It's probably in your backup files once you sync to your new computer, but I have no idea how you might dig through that data to find it, if it is even possible.

You didn't want to hear this, but screenshot is probably the best way. Push all the app icons from page 1 to page 2, and remove the four from the bottom row, and you'll have a mostly empty screen to capture.

3. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

Try search for iPhone Explorer in this forum, there should be a link to the program, in that way you can retrieve what ever you want from the phone.. :rolleyes:

4. SVTHorsnake thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you clarify what I'm looking for? Is it an app or a program for my laptop?

5. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

6. SVTHorsnake thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry to be that guy. I go through the same on a few car boards. Thanks for throwing me a bone.

I downloaded the mac version that purported to be renamed "iExplorer" I can see multiple directories. I went through several of them and couldn't find anything related to that file. Any recommendations on which directories to check?