[ iPhone 4 ] How to set up a graphical/visualization app as background ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Morbius1, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Morbius1 macrumors newbie

Oct 18, 2010
    Greetings !

I spent some time reading on this forum and I just registered as I will have some questions to ask at first (and possibly contribute in the future...!). I tried to search this forum for an answer to this first question, but I couldn't find anything (however, pls bear on me, this forum is HUGE !)

Is it possible to set up an animated graphical/visualization application, such as Gravilocity or iBeams as the background for the lock screen or the home screen (springboard) on an iPhone 4 ?

If it is, I would appreciate some guidance on how to do...
    (I am currently on iOS 4.1)

Thanks for reading ! :)
  2. Intell macrumors P6

Jan 24, 2010
    I don't think it can be done. If it could, it'd drain the battery very quickly.
  3. Mliii macrumors 65816

Jan 28, 2006
    Southern California
    Not as a dynamic (animated) background. Won't work on iPhones. You could, however, do a screen shot of an effect and send it to your phone as a static background. (I know, not what you were looking for).
    That's as close as you can get.
  4. rrandyy macrumors 6502

Jan 14, 2009
    Try searching google for "vWallpaper." However, I've never personally tried it.
  5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

Dec 28, 2009
    Only way you can get an animated wallpaper on your phone is to JB it and install vWallpaper.
  6. Morbius1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 18, 2010
    Many thanks to all for your answers !

I will look into this "vWallpaper" and try to understand how to make animated backgrounds with it.