iPhone 4 + Hulu Plus = Great Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hankster, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Been using the newly announce Hulu Plus app with my iPhone 4 and the battery is great! Just watched 2 full episodes and my battery is at 90% from 97%. This was over WiFi with brightness around 50%.

Pretty good in my book! Though there are issues with the phone, the new battery life is incredible.

Anyone else testing out Hulu Plus?

2. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Haven't gotten an invite yet.

I was hoping Hulu would allow you to pre-cache a show and then watch it on the go without an internet connection. Would make my subway commute to work a lot more palatable.

3. Gibbons macrumors member

Caching a show for later would be really nice, especially for subway or plane rides.

I'm also still waiting on an invitation but so far I'm impressed. Video looks good over 3G - though I have a feeling it's a little harder on the battery if you use 3G. I haven't tried it on WiFi yet.

4. Hankster thread starter macrumors 68020

Hankster

I agree Hulu over 3G will be worse for the battery, but am very impressed with the lack of lag during 3G play. Will be interesting how smooth this will be when more users come on board.