iPhone Iphone 4 imessage help please

s2000gtx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2012
hello everyone sorry im a little new to this but my gf has a iphone 4 jailbroken and unlock with software 4.1x on SIMPLE MOBILE. data works fine but imessage doesnt activaste nor does facetime. so i was wondering if i updated it to 6.01 if that will help either that or 5.0x serieis. ... if so i heard i would have to preserve the baseband. can anyone give me some help on this?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
hello everyone sorry im a little new to this but my gf has a iphone 4 jailbroken and unlock with software 4.1x on SIMPLE MOBILE. data works fine but imessage doesnt activaste nor does facetime. so i was wondering if i updated it to 6.01 if that will help either that or 5.0x serieis. ... if so i heard i would have to preserve the baseband. can anyone give me some help on this?
Do you have SHSH/blobs for 5.x or manually saved SHSH's for 6.0-6.1.2?

Than you can restore to those, if you don't have SHSH's you can't upgrade.

Does she need an unlock as well? if not you can restore without preserving the BB, still need the blobs though.

You can try to deactivate with SAM (from Cydia) to try to restore the push notifications. 4.x

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Getting iMessage and FaceTime activated on unofficial carriers is troublesome because those carriers misread the activation code sent by phone as an international SMS.