iPhone 4/iMovie HD

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aquaduck04, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Aquaduck04 macrumors member

I am trying to get my videos from my iPhone 4 into my friend's macbook to edit in iMovie HD. I have my iPhone synced to my computer, so I do not want to sync with her itunes library.

In iMovie when i go to file->import, the iPhone is not an available device to select. I feel like I am being an idiot here....but I can't figure out how to do it and it is frustrating me to death!!:confused:

I thought about emailing it to myself, but I've read that that compresses the file and I'm trying to get max quality.

Any help is appreciated.

2. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

I'm a Windows person, but I'm assuming things work similarly in a Mac. In Windows, just plugging in the iPhone without allowing iTunes to sync will have the iPhone show up in explorer as if its a drive or a digital camera. Once there, you just click the iPhone icon and go through the photo folder/subfolder until you find the raw file and drag it to the desktop.

BJ

Posted from my Beach House

3. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Have you tried 'import from camera' and treating the phone as a camera?

4. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

5. lidomkj macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

There is also an application to import photos/movies in the applications folder. Forget the name, but you will easily find it. Name is self explanitory. Will show all videos/photos on your phone and allow you to save all or specific ones.

6. nyfliiboy macrumors regular