iPhone 4 improved Speakerphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OneMorePlease, Jun 27, 2010.

1. OneMorePlease macrumors newbie

My 3GS had miserable speakerphone performance. I have to participate in a lot of conference calls for business, and the speakerphone was embarrassing; in a group setting, we always had to use someone else's phone. Had a call yesterday, however, and was blown away by the new iPhone 4 speaker performance. The improvement was dramatic and much appreciated!:D

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

The speakerphone has improved drastically! It sounds more deeper and has more base now. Much better than previous iPhones. There's room for improvement but at least it's louder.

3. kultschar macrumors 6502a

What about general ringing vol? I've missed loads of calls in the past

4. OneMorePlease thread starter macrumors newbie

In my opinion, yes. I used the "timer" this morning, and you could hear it all across the house. That being said, some ringtones appear to be louder than others, so your experience may be different.

5. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

If you want a really good loud ringtone try using "cell phone ringing" in garage band as a ringtone, it plays really loud when used as a ringtone.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Big difference.
    Used the speakerphone on my iphone 4 yesterday and its way louder than my 3GS.
    Very nice.

7. RC83 macrumors 6502

iphone 4 has an awesome speakerphone.. I have never been able to use speaker phone due to lack of clarity and low volume on my past phones.. Im using it non stop now.. Its very good quality...

8. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

My previous phone was the 3G. Major improvements to the speakerphone in iPhone 4.

Def improved, IMO..

9. bjobes macrumors regular

Sorry but I'm not seeing that the speaker is better. I use my speaker for fire radio a few hours a day and I can no longer hear it while driving now.

10. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

11. dusters711 macrumors regular

My external speaker is much louder overall... For speakerphone, playing music, text sounds, etc. it just sounds so much louder! Sometimes I would miss mail or texts on my 3GS but not so far with iPhone 4! I will see if this is still true once my bumper arrives? Not sure if it would diminish or block the sound in any way... Maybe others could mention whether or not you have it in a case or bumper and are still getting good sound? My 3GS was always in a case so maybe that had an impact.

12. lionqueen macrumors 6502

Yep - speakerphone is much better - it's actually useable now.

13. sjw macrumors regular

REALLY???

I compared my 3G with my new iPhone 4 the other night and I found the 3G was louder and had better bass - the iPhone 4 seemed to have better clarity but I preferred the 3G's sound. Granted, I only tested music, but I don't imagine it would matter.

As an aside I've also found the iPod volume is lower than that of my 3G... grrr.Sometimes I like to listen to my music loud and on some songs I can turn it up to full and it seems like it's only the equivalent of 90% volume on the 3G.

14. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I assume you can customize your ringtones with ip4?

15. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

I think iPhones 4 speaker phone is just as horrendous as it's predecessors.

16. dmx macrumors 6502

I think it sounds a little better but isn't really any louder.

17. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Wife's having an issue that her mic doesn't work using Speakerphone. Anything you all can recommend to fix it? She's not covering the mic, btw...