iphone 4 in 4.0.1 keeps turning off in standby mode

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by miamiracing, Sep 14, 2010.

1. miamiracing macrumors 6502

hi,

i got my iphone 4 about 3 weeks ago, already had one replacement this is the second one.

every other day at night or day (mostly at night) the phone just turns off.
    like the screen is black and no buttons work. i have to push and hold home and lock several times for like 10 seconds and after 2-3-4 tries it restarts and works again.

this morning i had to restart it 5 times from 4am to 7am and since then i didn't had to restart it.

battery is full and i already tried to reset it back to stock and its still there.

sometimes its everyday, sometimes its several times a day and sometimes its just every other day or later.

really weird. i read about it before sometimes but no one never found a solution.

2. Resist macrumors 68030

I'd get it replaced yet again. Make note of the serial numbers, could be a bad batch from the factory.

3. miamiracing thread starter macrumors 6502

i noticed that at night, if i dont use it every 6-10 min it turns off, during the day its around 1 hour of not use.

its weird, feels like there is a auto turn off function to save battery but no option menue for it..

edit: just noticed that i screwed up the forum i posted it in. can a mod move it plz?

4. DKatri macrumors 6502

5. barcalonaboy macrumors newbie

hi- i have the same issue! did you solve it by yourself with the same phone?
    i got a brand new iphone 4 from canada as a present which was locked. i am using a gevey turbo sim to unlock it but have your same issue.
    i too tried restoring setting but it still goes off.
    it is very frustrating as sometimes when the phone does become responsive, i find that i had missed calls that were not displayed when it rang due to the black screen!

heeeellllp!!!!