iPhone 4 in Australia!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by codykm, Jul 25, 2010.

1. codykm macrumors newbie

So I'm definitely going to buy one. It will be my first ever iPhone (woo exciting). The apple store apparently is going to be open at 8am.. Did any of the USA stores open at 8am? If so anyone have any idea what time you could start lining up? Ours is in a big shopping centre (or shopping mall for you americans) so if anyones apple store is in a mall, what time did the mall open? I just wanna make sure I get one, I dont really want to line up for nothing haha :p

Also most of the time would it be better to buy it outright and get a cheaper 12/24month plan or just go with a carrier and get a 24 month plan?

I think thats it..
    Thanks,
    Cody :D

2. codykm thread starter macrumors newbie

also, how much data is recommended for browsing some websites every now and then, emails, the odd youtube video and.. im not really sure what else, as i've never had a data plan before so i'm not really sure what people use it for haha :p

3. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I would call your "shopping centre's" office and see if the mall is open to the public 24/7 or if it has hours since some places are different. If the building doesn't open til a certain time in the morning then just show up a 1 or 2 hours early and wait in your car then rush in with everyone when it opens. If its open 24/7 its basically a crapshoot and you could have people lining up 12+ hours early. You could try asking the apple store how many phones their getting since it may help you figure your chances. Use the link I pasted below to figure your data plan.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...rfai=CPdn3iV9MTOGJM4rAM6CPoYEKAAAAqgQFT9D0ZYw

Keep in mind that any time you spend on wifi won't count towards your data so if you have that at home/work or both you may be able to limit your data but be generous. Going over will probably cost more than the more expensive plan.