iPhone 4 in Australia

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by willjax, Jul 29, 2010.

1. willjax macrumors member

I've noticed that although the release date for the iPhone 4 is today (July 30th) we are still unable to buy them from the apple store even though they are available at almost all the telcos.

anyone got any ideas? Normally when a new product is launched (and was the same with the 3GS), you are able to buy it directly from the apple store immediately.

2. Benny08 macrumors member

Benny08

YES!!! i know...ive been waiting all day for it to come online on the apple store but for some reason they just havent....i think they are trying to hold out becuase of how popular it is going to be and wait until everything dies down to put it up and allow orders!

3. boogei macrumors member

4. Benny08 macrumors member

Benny08

Yes i just looked before i chcked back here.....well i checked at 7'o-clock and well there was nothing up and then i checked macrumors about the new zealand store not selling and they said it was up on the NZ store tonight so i checked there then the Australian one and it was there...OMG sooo exciting!!

5. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

just bought one :D :D :D

3 weeks is a long wait... i gave my original iphone to my mum so now i'm phoneless... probably have to get a cheap phone for the mean time :/

QUESTION: where can I get a vodafone micro sim card without going to the apple store (not on their site either)... i don't want to cut up my existing one...

6. Benny08 macrumors member

Benny08

ummmmmm i think u can get them from the vodafone store becuase they would be able to change over your number on the spot i believe but i swear you can get them on the vodafone website!

7. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

those ones on the website are for ipads only... i called vodafone in brissy and they said they don't have them either, only available in the apple store in chermside... well i guess by the time my iphone has arrived they would have the micro sims on the site... i've gotten cases, screen protectors etc. for my iphone already... gosh it's like couples getting all those baby stuff before it's born haha :)

speaking of cases, when i checked out it didn't say anything about a free bumper??

8. Benny08 macrumors member

Benny08

umm if u get on the apple website i do believe that they are saying something about it and i think you have to download an app to apply for it!