iPhone 4 in "Entourage" season premiere

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SouthBeachMac, Jun 28, 2010.

1. SouthBeachMac macrumors member

Did anyone who watched the season premiere of "Entourage" on HBO last night notice how many times the iPhone 4 was on the show? The show usually always has Apple products prominently placed, but I was quite surprised to see that it made it on the premiere, considering how long ago the show was probably shot...must have been quite a secret on set! Happy to see it though, great timing.

2. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Just watched that episode, saw a lot of iPhone's in cases. Couldn't identify them as iPhone 4's but I'll take your word for it :)

3. SouthBeachMac thread starter macrumors member

As a shareholder, I'm always paying attention to that kind of exposure...and I kind of did a double take when I saw it..I actually rewound and checked it out. There were several instances when it looked exactly like the new i4..but I will say, I could have sworn in some instances that the camera was on the opposite side of the phone..specifically when E is in the restaurant with Sloan taking a call. I could be wrong, but I do remember specifically thinking that the camera was on the wrong side.

4. Mfear macrumors member

that may be because editors like to "flip" the image in post production if it looks more aesthetically pleasing...that's why sometimes it will appear that people are wearing their watches on the wrong arm or other things appear to be on the wrong side.. they just flip the video afterwards because they want someone going in one direction and not the other.. and it has no effect, so long as there is no text in the background (or unless you notice the camera on a phone)

5. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

6. SouthBeachMac thread starter macrumors member

If so, I stand corrected. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to watch in non-HD (shudder). But if thats the case, I believe it. That is why I wasn't 100% sure on whether it was the iPhone 4 and was hoping someone else could confirm. But it really looked like it...especially because of the new form factor. If it would have been a year ago with the 3G/3GS upgrade, I wouldn't have noticed.

7. rossihvac macrumors regular

rossihvac

They weren't iPhone 4, they were 3GS. Entourage started filming in march.

8. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

anyone else notice how many bongs there were? i never noticed lol. I guess their selling pot now too.

9. SuperDuper-C macrumors member

iPhone 4 or not, Entourage is a great ****ing show! So happy it's back on lol

I could actually see the iPhone 4 making an appearance in later stages of the season though, if they have to go back and re shoot some scenes maybe.

10. dast1g macrumors regular

dast1g

Honestly I couldn't give a **** if u had shares in Ferrari ... Try and not be so obnoxious

11. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

Pot, meet kettle...

12. Jnyce macrumors regular

they all had blackberries ari had 2, drama had 1, turtle had 1, eric had 1 and vince had a iphone 3gs

13. SouthBeachMac thread starter macrumors member

I guess I stand corrected...I'll blame it on the lack of HD. And didn't mean to 'offend' anyone by saying I own shares...I must be in the wrong forum. Oh well, gotta go wash the Ferrari.