Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coelacanth

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2004
Does anyone know if any store in the city of San Francisco has received a shipment or has any stock left?

Naturally the flagship store on Stockton Street would get most frequent, largest shipment compered to others. Try around 1 PM. I've seen them getting new shipments around then. I scored Camera Connection Kit for iPad that way when people were paying nearly $170 on ebay :eek:

clovis112

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
or try the one in stonestown mall. they usually have less people roaming around the store.

jickson77

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
Major con of the next gen iphone is the cost (especially if you go the PAYG route which will work at about £369, alternatively you will have to sign up to a £30+ contract). I would never pay that, but im working on getting one from http://www.dontpayapenny.com (just for completing a sponsor offer)!

Oversoul

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007
Apple Stores get shipments everyday, except Sundays. Yes, even when every where is sold out. (How else do you expect them to replenish supply?) However, they don't usually know what's in those shipments until they open them.

It's always been my experience that Apple Stores seem better, and more regularly stocked than AT&T or Best Buy. Best suggestion I have for you is to call around to the Apple Stores. As you know, there are several in the Bay Area, including on Stockton and Chestnut, in Stonestown, then two in Palo Alto, and another in Emeryville. The Stockton Street flagship store had iPhones at least through Saturday during release weekend, and I saw a woman purchasing an iPhone 4 from the same store on Monday or Tuesday of this week.

Call ahead. You'll probably be put on hold, but the Apple Store staff should be able to give you a more up-to-date inventory than us on Macrumors.

superULTRA

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2010
I have been on the Chestnut Street store's wait list since 6/27 with no response. Apparently every SF store is all sold out unless you get on the list. Lucky for me, my online order has prepared for shipment so I don't have to go to the Apple store anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.