IPhone 4 in store stock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badnewz, Jun 16, 2010.

1. badnewz macrumors newbie

Wil any of the stores have extra iPhone 4s for walk-ins since they sold out all the pre-orders

2. iPhone3GCrazed macrumors 6502

iPhone3GCrazed

It would be pretty irresponsible and downright stupid if Apple and AT&T sold all of their pre-order and in-store allotments to pre-orderers. They want all the launch day publicity that accompanies the long lines. So I think they will have iPhones in store on launch day. Not many, but there will be some.

3. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

yeah apple has already said hey going to have some for non reserves.. looks like im on that line

4. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Yeah. I'm sure they will have many set aside for non-reservers. You'll just need to be there extremely early to make sure you can get one.

5. badnewz thread starter macrumors newbie

Guess I have to take a vacation day just to be there in line because I don't trust best buy with my pre order thanks for the input anyway

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

There should be plenty at the Apple stores, and some at the AT&T stores. As someone said, Apple loves the publicity and all the lines.

Besides if you think about it, usually the Apple stores can get 500 to 1000 iPhones, and the AT&T stores get 50ish. Times that by all the stores in the country, it's just a fraction of the pre-order sales.

7. Naked Snake macrumors member

of course they will. im sure they will have a lot to sell on launch day but they will be flying off the shelves.

8. rtabdo macrumors 6502

Exactly. Apple def will have A TON at iPhone launch. If you remember with the iPad recently, in many locations including here in San Diego, you could literally just walk in and buy it (even late in the day). I used to work at Apple during the 3G launch and we were able to fulfill every order that came in the door from open at 7am till close at 10pm.

There is no doubt in my mind there will be a lot of iPhones in the stores come the 24th.

If you couldn't pre-order, I think most people will be get one at the Apple store.

9. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

10. badnewz thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I was really looking forward to the white but I'll take what they have

11. badnewz thread starter macrumors newbie

12. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

Don't know about Apple Stores (closest is 3.5 hours away) but I assume they would. I went by AT&T today and the guy seemed like he wasn't one of the brain-dead ones and assured me they'd have some for walk-ins. I too held off on pre-ordering because I wanted white.. so now I'll be camping out for black (he just said that he'd heard late summer like the rest of us for the release of white).

13. ajones46 macrumors 6502

I think that's the question a lot of people, myself included, are asking. Im waiting for someone to post a 3 word email response from mr. Jobs himself saying whether or not they'll have em in stock?