iphone 4 in the nude?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msduncan, Jun 22, 2010.

1. msduncan macrumors 6502

I know there are some out there that carried their iphone 3, 3G, and 3GS phones without a case. I also know this method caused an increased risk of scratching as you would guess that it would.

I think I read that since the iphone 4 is glass on front and back, and supposedly made from military grade break resistant glass, that the new phones would be more capable of being carried without a case.

Is this true? Have their been scratch tests yet? Does anyone plan to go without a case because of this claim?

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I'll carry mine without the case on the basis that every iPhone I've had (2G, 3G, 3GS) has been in my pocket with nary a scratch to the screen.

3. fuzion macrumors 6502

I was really hoping this was going to be a thread about being naked with an iPhone 4.

But no since no one really has one yet there are no durability reports or rumors..

4. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

I went without a case on my 3GS for 4 or 5 months and the screen had extremely minimal scratches that were only visible in the right light and even in that there were only a few small ones. This glass is supposed to be stronger than the current glass so I have no worries about it getting scratched. I am worried about dropping it and having the whole thing shatter so I will still probably buy a bumper type case to protect it from drops.

5. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Yeah I've never used a case for any of my iPhones either (I've had all of them). They have all gotten slightly worn on the back, but it's not a problem at all. A case would become worn on the back, also. I've still been able to sell my original iPhone and my 3G unlocked on eBay for more than I originally paid for it when it was new.

6. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I'm still deciding on a bumper, but I won't be using a case that covers the front or the back. I may not even buy a bumper, that will probably be decided when and if the sides get their first scratch.

7. JackSpearo macrumors regular

I always protected the heck out of my 3G, but one day (a few weeks ago actually) I decided to take the front screen protector off, and what do ya know? I've scratched it in a few different places...

oh well...

it is what it is...

I'll probably use film protectors on my iphone 4... I dunno about the whole bumper thing, seems weird...