Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
If you have an iPhone 4 32GB and say you drop it in a pool (not that I did) if you go to Apple do they replace it for $200.00 or $300.00?

My question is without insurance since Apple and AT&T do not offer it, what is the cost to get a replacement from Apple?

Just bought two 16GB iPhone 4's for my sons and just want to know in case they drop them or break them, what the cost is to replace.

Also Applecare just adds 1 year to the standard Apple 1-Year warranty for defects and MFG issues only correct?

I do not need to pay someone for insurance, from what I read on here I could essentially pay $120-$200 per year for insurance, which is not worth it.

amandapanda801

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Hmmm I would take the warranty in any case and if it is by accident that you brke it they should replace them for free I think...

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Hmmm I would take the warranty in any case and if it is by accident that you brke it they should replace them for free I think...

Nope their is a deductable just like Verizon. I had a phone on Verizon paid $4.99 per month for insurance then it jumped to $7.99 plus now there is a $100 decut...

I think the way to go is Apple since they only charge $199 because a full replacement with no insurance on VZ would have cost me $499 for a Motorola Droid, but that one was brand new.

I have since abandoned VZ altogether and the whole family is on AT&T and we all have iPhone 4's, so couldn't be happier.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
I would suggest going with someone like State Farm...they will insure a phone for something like $30/year with no deductable and even covers accidental damage....which apple does not.

iphreak64

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2010
iPhone 4 Insurance

I would suggest you look into Squaretrade insurance for iphone. They cover repairs and replacements. $99 for 2 years of coverage. Not sure what age your sons are, but I think it would be worth the coverage. B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.