iPhone 4 Insurance UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bensparrow, Jun 29, 2010.

1. bensparrow macrumors newbie

Really should get this thing insured!

Any suggestions?

Might get my Macbook insured at the same time.. Who do you use? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Looking for good reliable service, not necessarily the cheapest option!

Thanks
    :)

2. pauliphone macrumors regular

Check with your bank....

When I got my iP4 o2 wanted £15 p/mth to insure it.

I'm with Natwest and I spoke to them and they upgraded me to the Advantage Gold Account which costs £13 p/mth. This covers my iP4 on exactly the same cover as o2 plus I also get travel insurance, car breakdown cover, and you can nominate up to 6 items to add a years extended warranty.

3. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

+1 one checking with your bank.

Im upgrading my current account to a RBS Royalties Gold which covers mobiles phones form theft and accidental damage, for £12.95/month I also get travel insurance extended electrical goods warenty etc. £20 excess to pay if I make a claim!

4. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

I'm with O2 and I bought their add on isurance with my phone, as I do with all phones I buy. It covers everything from accidental damage to theft.

5. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

@apple-NoEscape

What excess would you need to pay if said iphone got lost or stolen or damaged?

Also your paying more a month for less... all your £15 is doing is covering your iphone, most banks have a Royalties account which covers a whole load of different insurance policies and sometimes costs less/month than a specific mobile phone insurer.

6. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

I've managed to blag a free one before, but that is most likely because I have been a long time customer and had never claimed before. No idea how much it's meant to be 2bh.
    Yeah I know there are better ways and I am getting slighy ripped off, but it's just a safety net so I don't have to worry about my phone constantly.

7. bensparrow thread starter macrumors newbie

I bank with Nationwide who don't offer anything like this, they just have one standard current account (I think!) so any other suggestions? The Natwest deal seems pretty sweet it must be said!...

8. dubnde macrumors regular

I have a Lloyds Silver Account. It covers iPhone with £30 excess. Also gives you some basic AA Cover and Travel insurance. All at £7.50/month

9. Kiirk macrumors member

I tried natwest around £13 a month, with only ONE iPhone, but had additional benefits, however...

My mum tried her bank, and for 7.50 extra a month, she can get TWO iPhones insured, as well as breakdown cover and holiday insurance.

I'll edit it in when I find out which bank it was - but she was asleep.

Was told to wait 2-3 days for the papers to come through, with an extra 4 days to set up a phone onto the insurance if you give model number etc.

10. bensparrow thread starter macrumors newbie

If you could let me know that'd be appreciated, I'm not contemplating changing all my banking! =/

11. Wetwipes macrumors member

+1 for this one too. If you have a joint account, then still for £7.50 it will also cover your partners phone, and they also get breakdown cover etc. Phone replacement is for value up to £2000 too (if going somewhere else check their limits, a lot I looked at were £300). Plus, it covers water damage, accidental damage, and even faults with the phone (that aren't due to wear and tear).

12. john_satc macrumors 6502

How much is the excess with Natwest? TIA.

13. PG-Monkey macrumors regular

Barclays do the same thing for a fiver.

14. Igantius macrumors 65816

With the Advantage Gold account, it's £25 for the first claim and £50 with the second.

I think it's the same with their Advantage Blue account.

15. scottjames1uk macrumors newbie

Iphone & Ipad Insurance

I am also a Nat West customer with Advantage Gold, This was fine for mu iPhone but when i called in to the branch to add my iPad they say they dont cover it. I am currently searching somewhere to cover my iPad & iPhone then i will cancel the Ad Gold as my wife also has it. I questioned them on what they thought the iPad should come under, Gadget, Pda, Laptop etc they couldnt answer me. Can anyone recommend anywhere to insure both the iPad and iPhone at a reasonable price.

16. twoism macrumors member

I'm curious about this too, unfortunately my bank don't do anything decent in terms of home insurance, and all the other cheap insurance companies out there basically wont cover anything decently after reading all the fine prints. Can anyone recommend something that's reliable and offers more value than just covering 1 phone?

17. scottjames1uk macrumors newbie

iPad

They also wouldnt cover the iPad for extended warranty either.