iPhone 4 Interference (Verizon)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alphaod, Feb 14, 2011.

1. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I picked up the Verizon iPhone 4 to play with and I noticed that my wireless devices suffer from a lot of interference when I have that phone around.

For example, my wireless mouse (2.4GHz) either lags or cuts off entirely if I set my iPhone next to it.

If I set the Verizon iPhone next to another wireless device, I lose a couple bars in the process, sometimes causing the second device to lose reception entirely.

Those are just two examples.

I've tested the same scenarios with my AT&T iPhone and I cannot reproduce the issues.

Does anyone else have similar issues like this?

2. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Nope, that's impossible. They don't use the same technology. Are you using bluetooth?

3. fsufan1200 macrumors newbie

Nope!!! Got a wireless mouse & keyboard, and my phone sits right on my desk next to them all the time, and have never had a problem with either.

4. alphaod thread starter macrumors Core

alphaod

They all use the same "technology"; it's radio waves. Just like your microwave can cause you lose WiFi signal; I just want to know if other people have this issue.

No I don't use Bluetooth on the Verizon iPhone; doesn't seem to make a difference in my experiences.

Interesting… so you use a USB wireless dongle for your keyboard and mouse right? (Oppose to using Bluetooth)

5. mrcribbs macrumors newbie

I have a wireless mouse at the office. I've always sat my blackberry phones on the mouse pad... can't with my iPhone. The mouse moves the cursor fine but it won't register the "clicks". Now I have to keep my phone on the other side of my keyboard. Doesn't mess with the wireless keyboard though...

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this!!!

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

happens w/ both WIFI & 3G? or just when your iPhone is connected to your home networK by WIFI?

7. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Surely you aren't serious!

8. alphaod thread starter macrumors Core

alphaod

Well it happens whether or not I'm connected to a WiFi network. I experience interference when the phone is sitting around.

9. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

10. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

My mouse has been acting odd. Guess that may be my issue. :\

11. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

weird, maybe change the channel in your wireless router to see if it helps some

12. mendozee macrumors newbie

I have problem with AT&T and Iphone 4S

Well

I have two new Iphones 4S at home.. They worked fine for about 2 months into my home wireless network. Last week I started losing my wireless signal every two or three hours. I had to restart my modem and router to get signal again. I tried changing channels and router and modem configurations with not success. I called AT&T which is my internet provider. They said it could be a modem or router problem, also they agree that there is an interference with the Iphones. I changed the router and modem for a new device, but the problem persists.
    I used to have connected different devices including Ipods, laptops, X-box and smart Blue ray devices for three years before with any problem. Now I don’t know how to solve this problem.

If some anybody has any idea, please let me know.
    Thanks