iPhone 4 ios 4.1 BATTERY VAMPIRE NIGHTMARE

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OnNightfall, Oct 11, 2010.

1. OnNightfall macrumors regular

Guys, before updating to 4.1, when I had 4.0.1 I was getting battery all day long. I would probably last all the way until I go to sleep. I updated to 4.1 and my phone died at 1:30. Only made it half the day. What is going on!!! This is horrible!!! Am I the only one? How do you fix this? Thanks.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Your phone running out of battery by 1:30 doesn't say much. What time did you unplug your phone from the charger and how much use did you actually get out of it before the phone powered off?

3. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

Well I unplugged it at 6:30 AM. So that is 7 hours. But used it moderately on and off. Before I would go 15 hours with moderate use.

4. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Im guessing you restored from backup, if so restore and set up as new.

5. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

Wow I have to set it up as new? Is that what's going on?

6. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

You might not even need to do that. Just 'reset all settings' and 'reset network settings'.

7. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

I tried the reset network settings and that did not help. I'm restoring as new right now. I will report back if that fixed the problem or not.

8. Xemi macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Mine is similar, haven't timed it like the op but I've noticed a serious change in battery life since 4.1

9. ninjax00 macrumors newbie

I noticed a little bit of a drop in battery life, but not much on my iPhone 4. Usually My iPhone is dead by 8 or so. Now my iPhone is dead by about 7 or so.I do all the same things at pretty much the same time everyday. I am a very predictable person

10. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Same thing happened to me Mr. OnNightFall. I had Apple replace my iPhone TWICE, yes I'm on my 3rd iPhone...and now im sitting lovely at 4.0.2, with no plans on upgrading anytime soon. It was night and day difference...I was lucky enough to get a new iPhone with 4.0.2 pre-installed, and from what I've read and heard, all new phones are now coming with 4.1 pre-installed. :(. Go visit an apple store ASAP. I tried ALLLLL the recommended solutions I read here on MR, restore, restore as new, clear network, etc etc, and nothing helped. To make matters worse, Apple is now using a new LCD manufacturer, and some phones are coming with a warmer color, i.e. blue and yellow tints on iphones, hence why I went back to apple to get another iphone. Not the undried glue residue causing yellow spots, the actual lcd. The "genius" didn't believe me, but when I dragged him to compare my iphone 4 lcd to the ones on display, there was an extreme difference. He exchanged it 10 minutes later. Some people like the new "warmer" color of the LCD, I personally HATED it.

Check this out:

Battery:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2583845&tstart=15

LCD "Blue and Yellow" Problem:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2483151&start=0&tstart=0

Call me dude lol

11. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks AJ. I went back to 4.0.1. I could because I saved my SHSH Blobs with Cydia. Thanks to Jailbreaking I saved myself a trip to the Apple Store.

12. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I dunno, my batt life is great with my regular/light usage. Made 7hrs+ use and 2 day standby time just the other day

*shrug*

My recent 2-day-ish stat.

3G/Data On
    Wi-Fi always on with no ask to join (rarely use 3G data)
    BT off
    Notifications Off (Never been reliable for me)
    Screen at 40% brightness with auto brightness off
    Hourly email fetching for 3 accounts (don't get much mail though)
    Push contacts/calendar
    Location On

Calls here and there incl skype, about 50-70 texts, Facebook and Twitter apps plus light Safari, Maps and iPod use (varying bit rates/formats). Mostly light usage. Not bad...certainly better than my 3GS.

Batt died as soon as i took this screenshot.

Attached Files: