iPhone 4 iOS 4.1 inertial scrolling not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Anaemik, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Anaemik macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hey all,

Just took receipt of my first iPhone yesterday, and am so far very happy. I already own an iPad and as such have gotten very used to the benefits that inertial scrolling offers. However, I seem to have a weird issue with my phone where the only places that inertial scrolling works for me is in OS-specific areas of the phone such as Settings. It is not active or enabled in any of my applications, including Safari. I'm stumped as to what might be wrong. As far as I can tell this isn't a known issue with iOS 4.1, and I can't see any settings options that I may have accidentally changed. Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be?

Im on the Three network in the UK for reference. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

2. dbendixen macrumors member

Are you saying when you swipe in Safari and then lift your finger the page doesn't keep moving? I know there are some applications that have less "sensitive" scrolling of this type, but Safari shouldn't be one of them.

If you're that concerned, I would take it to an Apple Store--you're carrier won't know a thing most likely.

3. Anaemik thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hi, yes that's exactly what I mean. I've also noticed that Instapaper works exactly the same way, although it performs as anticipated on my iPad. The strange thing is that it works fine under Settings (and also the Facebook app), so I can only assume it's some strange software issue. I've tried resetting the phone to no avail. Maybe a trip to my local Apple dealer is in order.

4. dbendixen macrumors member

Have you done a full restore or just a reset from within the phone's settings?