iPhone 4 iOS 4.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TOGA, May 22, 2011.

1. TOGA macrumors newbie

Hi all,

My first post/question in this active forum.

I have Jailbroken (any sim/any network) iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 BaseBand 02.10.04 and I wish to upgrade to iOS 4.3.3, what would be the best method to do so? With preserving any sim/any network services?

Thank you guys :)

2. Wannes macrumors newbie

Did you jailbreak and unlock your iPhone or did you only jailbreak it? An unlock is when your phone is sim-locked but you want to use another sim.

If you only have a jailbreak you can update your iPhone using the official update via iTunes. Just make sure you use AptBackup (Cydia) to backup your applications and that you have made a backup via iTunes. After that run the official update. Once you've completed above steps you can use redsn0w to jailbreak the device again. The program explains itself. If your phone is jailbroken again you can then run AptBackup again to restore your previous applications.

Best of luck!

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Is your Iphone factory unlocked? if yes, you can just upgrade to the newest firmware in Itunes.

If your Iphone is not factory unlocked, then your post did not make sense at all because your phone has baseband of 02.10, it can't unlock with ultrasn0w and therefore, you can't use this with any networks.

4. TOGA thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the prompt reply! I received the iPhone 4 last semester and it is jailbroken (not sure using which tool) and it is "unlocked" because I have used different SIM Cards.

And as you already know I am not very technical with Apple Products but I believe I can manage my way through with the right advice.

5. TOGA thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Crystal-RX, thank you for your reply, I received my iPhone as gift and since I had no upgrades just purchasing apps etc.... So frankly I am not sure whether it is factory "unlocked" or via other tools like Cydia.

Thank you for your time and suggestions.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If your iPhone 4 is indeed on 02.10 and can be used with any sims, then it is factory unlocked. You can just upgrade to the newest firmware, you will not loose the unlock on it.