iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.3 "Call Failed" issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tcomcp33, May 31, 2011.

1. Tcomcp33 macrumors newbie

Last Friday I received this "Call failed" issue on my phone. Basicly it means that when I have 3G switched on, my phone keeps droping out from calls and gives "Call failed" note regardless if it's in- or outgoing phone call. As soon as I switch off 3G from settings and use only GSM, phone calls are completely fine.
    I have found some information that this issue is possibly caused by iOS 4.3.3 update and after some research I start to believe that it is so. I live in Finland which is very small country and because of that our service providers really provides us with service (LOL) so when I called my service provider whit this issue they booted 40 3G antennas around me and still my phone keeps doing that, it stoped for a day but started again. So obviously this issue is not with service provider.

Now I'm wondering that will iOS 5 fix this issue? Does somebody have more information about this issue?

2. kaifs macrumors member

did not hear of anything like this... did you try resetting your network settings first and if that fails, go for reset all settings? Granted, I am in the US, so network with at&t GSM is designed to work togethery with data/voice (unlike Verizon, which you can only do one at a time)...

3. Nikoz78 macrumors newbie

Just go to settings, phone settings, show my caller id, wait there then press home button n go n try to make a call. Another thing, go to date & time settings in general n change set automatically to either on or off.