iPhone 4 iOS 4.3 jailbreak won't restore!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ethan028, Jan 18, 2011.

1. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Okay so i just followed redmonds pie guide to do this and i made the custom firmware and then i made my ramdisk and everything put together then i go to restore normally and either keep getting error 21 or 2 and sometimes 1600.

Please help.

Thanks

Ethan

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Are you an authorize Apple developer?

3. wolfgang666 macrumors regular

i hope he is not or such a question would put to shame everyone who call themselves as developers to shame.......

4. hackthatphone, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011

hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

And this is exactly why people have no business installing beta firmwares on their iphones when they don't know what they are doing and aren't developers.

If you have access to the beta firmware you shouldn't need some guide at some site. Ask your question in the apple developer forum.

I've never understood the need to be on the bleeding edge like this. Does Cydia or Mobilesubstrate even work on 4.3???????

Wait until the verizon firmware is released and all those people who will be putting that firmware onto att iphones "by mistake" and vice versa. Not to mention the verizon betas.

I just had to go see the guide at that site and the first line of it just instills so much confidence in me about their writing staff: "We have just been tipped off about this method floating around which can apparently allow you to restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 4.3 beta without having to have UDID of your iOS device registered on a developer account."

Yeah let me jump right in on this rumored method. I've got nothing better to do than risk my iphone because some guy said something somewhere on the 'net about this. Love the picture too, the guy has no service on his iphone. Shouldn't that scare you off also? They also say you need redsn0w 0.9.6.rc8???? The dev team only offers redsn0w_0.9.7b6 on their site. Sounds like some guys out there is modifying the dev team program on their own and releasing it.

Wait for the iphone dev team to release something on this before diving into the deep end of the redmond pie stupid pool. Do yourself a favor and save yourself from having to be the guinea pig on their method.

And here is what really kills me about this guide: "NOTE: We haven’t tested this and cannot guarantee if it will work. The two methods posted above are for information purposes only. We highly recommend our readers to get enrolled in the iPhone Developer Standard or Enterprise Program to have complete access to all current and future iOS Beta releases."

Isn't that disclaimer on many of their tutorials???? Why do they even write these "guides" if they don't actually put their money where their mouth is? They should be testing their own iphones with their guides and present proven methods to their readers. I'm guessing they write these guides for the ad impressions. I've never seen so many ads on a page.

5. broomy macrumors newbie

you cant revert back from 4.3 to 4.2 it wont let you,

you will need to be a DEV to be able to acctivate this on your apple account. if your not then you best sign up to it to activate your phone or go to apple :p

6. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Chill out everyone i am a dev :p.
    I was just asking if anyone has jailbroken 4.3 yet because i want to jailbreak again.

7. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Good writeup. Yes i understand now redmond pie is crap.

But i just found out from it how to make a custom ramdisk and how i can use it to be jailbroken on 4.3 which is great! Also just found xsellize thread of how to jailbreak it. And no, no one is modifing the redsn0w and releasing it. rc8 or whatever is real. I have rc8 and found it on dev teams blog.

8. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Please. Please. Try again and add some grammar into your sentence no offense but i really didn't understand a word that said o_O