iPhone 4 iOS 4 Mail -- Separate Mail Icons?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carsteve, Jun 7, 2010.

1. carsteve macrumors newbie

I like the new integrated mailboxes feature. However, will I be able to set up separate mail icons on the homescreen to jump to the specific e-mail account? For example, I can have a mail icon for my gmail, one for my mobileme, and one for my exchange account all separate on the home screen for a total of three (same mail icon but different subtext per which account it is, for example).

Based on what I've seen and read so far I think the answer is no. What I'm anticipating is I will have to open the one mail icon with all my accounts listed, then have to choose which one I go to from there. Not a terribly huge deal, as it is better than the current setup, but separate icons would be a nice feature have.

2. old-school macrumors 6502

3. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

iOS 5?

I think it works fine. From the looks of it you hit the mail icon a screen pops up with a list of your icons.....

4. Gjeepguy macrumors regular

I agree a blue mail icon and a red/green/purple mail icon option for additional mailboxes would go a long way.

I guess the unified inbox is a start but I would prefer multiple icons for the mailboxes.

Calendars not so much, but I am sure someone would want them.

5. carsteve thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree I'm sure it does. This is just an extra feature I desire. The main driver is I'm the type of person that leaves no e-mail unread, with the exception of work. My mail icon is always "clean" as you would say. My exchange account is my work account, so there are times when I want to ignore those e-mails. Problem with all mailboxes in one mail icon means that on the home screen when I see a number on the mail icon, I don't know what mail it's for until I open it. With separate icons on the home screen, I can ignore my work e-mails more easily :) This is a little quirky but I think this should be an added feature nonetheless. I especially like the idea of different mail icon colors that someone else mentioned.

6. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

Since on topic, I see my mobile me account does the threading but my gmails do not. What gives??