iPhone 4/iOS 4 Tethering Email AT&T CEO

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GilsMethod, Jul 1, 2010.

1. GilsMethod macrumors member

I just had someone post a comment on my blog saying that they emailed Stephenson, the AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson about enabling tethering and loosing the unlimited data plan and he says the CEO's assistant called him up,

After reading this I went ahead and emailed the CEO as well and maybe we should all do the same...It sucks that existing 3GS customers have to give up unlimited data plans in order to enable tethering. If we are forced to honor a contract with ATT for two years maybe they should too.

Added the following section:

Here's the email I sent to him...

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Well...you did start a new contract with the iphone 4. ATT allowed you to keep your unlimited data, even though they didn't have to. So it's not accurate to say that you upheld your agreement of a 2 year contract and they're not. They're not changing your plan in the middle of the contract.

3. jgomez65 macrumors newbie

What if you just upgraded your old iPhone 3G or 3GS to the iOS 4?, you are still using the same current contract, but ATT is still forcing you to downgrade the data plan if you want tethering.

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

You're right! In that instance, I stand corrected :)

5. GilsMethod thread starter macrumors member

That is exactly what happened to me. I have a 3gs from original contract and a new iPhone 4 contract that I got for my wife. The 3GS contract is the one I'm complaining about...thanks for the feedback though.