IPhone 4, iOS 5.01, messages app won't open pics

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by easyrider1340, Mar 24, 2012.

1. easyrider1340 macrumors newbie

Jailbreak - jailbroken iPhone

As title says, messages app won't open pics since yesterday. Please help, thanks.

2. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Wow...I thought I was the only one.

4S, jailbroken, and this problem just started yesterday or the day before for me as well. I thought maybe it was BiteSMS, but an uninstall didn't fix it. Turning off all my WinterBoard themes didn't fix it either. Even the native Messages app won't open them.

Here's the odd thing...I figured out that it's not so much that it won't open them, but rather it won't display them. If I tap the little arrow in the bottom corner and then select save, the photo shows up in the Photos app. It just won't display the image within the Messages app (although it does display the preview in the chat thread.

3. easyrider1340 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I can save pic from messages app and open in photos app. Views just fine there.

4. easyrider1340 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. easyrider1340 thread starter macrumors newbie

I uninstalled PhotoAlbums+ and now the pics in the Messages app will open properly. Must have been the update on Fri.

6. easyrider1340 thread starter macrumors newbie

So when is the update to PhotoAlbums+ going to happen???

7. dayeshere macrumors newbie

Thank you so much, everyone! I was having this same issue and, of course, I found my solution here. I was freaking out. I didn't want to have to jailbreak my iPhone 4s again.