iPhone 4 iOs 5.1.1 Jailbreak help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shorty9385, Jun 23, 2012.

1. shorty9385 macrumors newbie

I just recently used absinthe to jailbreak both mine and my husbands phones and just noticed tonight that neither phone is saving pictures. It doesn't matter if I take a picture with a camera, screenshot, or try to save one any other way. I shows that the camera roll is empty with no photos. I really do not wanna have to restore these phones again (I have had to restore them 2 or 3 times already). Is there anything else I can do or anyone else having the same issues?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I recommend doing a clean restore of both phones, choose set up as new and jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0.4 before putting anything back on the phone.
    Test the camera/photo saving.

3. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

I suggest you to make a back up and then restore your device. install absinthe like dhlizard said and try if it saves the pistures.

4. shorty9385 thread starter macrumors newbie

Both phones were jailbroke on a clean restore with nothing on them. I restored them, as soon as it was done, I jailbroke them. That is why I am so lost as to why the camera is just not working.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

What do you mean "I restored them" ? From backup ?
    If so, that could be where the conflict is coming from.
    Or am I misreading this ? You're saying twice that you restored them is what is confusing.
    1st restore is generally firmware, 2nd restore is generally settings/content.

I would test one/both with stock firmware

6. shorty9385, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012

shorty9385 thread starter macrumors newbie

I completely erased both phones and setup as new phones. Before anything was ever put on them, I used absinthe to jailbreak them.

I am working on erasing my phone again, so I will let y'all know if it works. Now I did put siri on my phone, would that have caused an issue with the camera?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try using the camera app when the phone is stock and NOT jb.
    If it still doesn't work then it's a hardware issue.

8. shorty9385 thread starter macrumors newbie

That is when I get it restored. It would restore through the phone, so I had to put into DFU mode and am waiting on iTunes to finish downloading the software to see if I can get the stinking thing to work and if not, at least then I can get what error code it pulls so I can fix it. I get the feeling I may have messed something up in the process of jb my phone :(

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

I agree with AJ honestly absinthe is one of the best exploits to date I have zero issues with my jb make sure it's not a hardware issue. oh and honestly I've had better luck download firmware from Filix burns http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ the Apple

10. shorty9385 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I am getting errors 1600 and 21 from iTunes....