iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 jailbreak and downgrade questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jakek95, Apr 6, 2012.

1. jakek95 macrumors newbie

To start off, i own a iphone 4 GSM and was looking into jail-breaking it. After searching the web i soon found out that there was as of current no 5.1 untethered jailbreak. So I then went on to find out how i could downgrade my iphone 4 to 5.0.1 where there is a known jailbreak. After a long time of searching I found out there is no 5.1 to 5.0.1 downgrade available for me as there are no SHSH blobs saved for me or available on cydia for my iphone 4 make. Then I found a program called iSHSHIT which saves you SHSH blobs from you iphone, however you must have you iphone 4 jail broken to do so.
    So finaly my question... Could i use the working tethered jailbreak for 5.1 and then use iSHSHIT to get my SHSH blobs and then downgrade using the SHSH blobs I just obtained?

2. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

You can only save SHSH blobs for iOS version that Apple is currently signing. There is no way to save one for 5.0.1 now.

3. daemonite macrumors member

unless unless you had previously saved your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs, you cannot downgrade.

a 5.1 untethered jailbreak is on the way, just have patience and stay up to date with the news

4. jakek95 thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to know :) any good links to get the news of its release straight away?