iphone 4 ios 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Knew to This, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Knew to This macrumors newbie

Just bought an iphone 4, with ios 5 and no AT&T sim card. I have tmobile with a micro sim card coming in the mail tomrrow.

as i try to configure through itunes it tells me that it can't because apple mobile device service is not started.

I've looked online but just am not sure what to do next. Should I use a gevey sim? Will that work?

Please advise. I would so appreciate it.

Thanks

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

1. Reboot your computer will fix the "apple mobile device service is not started".
    2. If you want to use Gevey sim to unlock your phone, your phone baseband must be 04.10 or lower. So go to setting, general, about and look at modem firmware and see what you have.

3. jacob11 macrumors member

You can use a gevey SIM, but you've to unlock it first. You can use a software unlock called UltraSn0w by the iPhone Dev-Team or a hardware based unlock called Gevey SIM card by Apple and Berry.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

1st. If the iPhone baseband is 04.10 or lower, you can use Gevey. Higher than that, Gevey sim won't work.

2nd. You do not need to unlock it first to use Gevey. Using Gevey sim is to unlock the phone. If your phone is unlock, then why the hell you need to use Gevey sim for.

3rd. Ultrasn0w only work for 01.59 baseband on iPhone 4. You can give op advise without knowing what the baseband on his phone.