Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomasmikula39

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2017
Today i bought Iphone 4 and i found out that i cant download any apps because my iphone has IoS 7.1.2 and i have to have IOS 8 if i want to download anything and i dont know what to do. Please help me :(

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
You can not install iOS 8 on your iPhone 4. You would need at least an iPhone 4s. I have to ask... why did you buy such an old model iPhone? You could have easily purchased an iPhone 5 or 5c that would not have been expensive. If you can, return the iPhone 4 and get your money refunded.

tomasmikula39

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2017
You can not install iOS 8 on your iPhone 4. You would need at least an iPhone 4s. I have to ask... why did you buy such an old model iPhone? You could have easily purchased an iPhone 5 or 5c that would not have been expensive. If you can, return the iPhone 4 and get your money refunded.
I just needed cheap phone for work and i dont need to upgrade Ios i just want to know if there is way to download apps now because last week my friend bought the same one and she doesnt have any problem.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I just needed cheap phone for work and i dont need to upgrade Ios i just want to know if there is way to download apps now because last week my friend bought the same one and she doesnt have any problem.
The iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4s look identical. But only the 4s can run anything higher than iOS 7.

Your friend probably has a 4s.

It is impossible to get iOS 8 on an iPhone 4. Your only options are to return it and get your money back or live with it and get a phone that can run iOS 8 or higher.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sounds like your friend got a 4s most likely. There are still games and apps that should work with iOS 7, but certainly less and less of them over time. Have you tried downloading different ones?

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
Yep. iOS 7 is it. Sorry but the 5 or even better the 5s is the best bet for a cheaper iPhone.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Today i bought Iphone 4 and i found out that i cant download any apps because my iphone has IoS 7.1.2 and i have to have IOS 8 if i want to download anything and i dont know what to do. Please help me :(
That is wrong. Just go to the app store like with every other iOS/iPhone since 2.0.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.