iPhone 4 iOS5 unlock?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sharaby03, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Sharaby03 macrumors newbie

I searched for this all over google last 2 days and there's a site called ghostapp (.). Org claiming it unlocks and does untethered jailbreaking for ios5 is this information true?

2. redrox5 macrumors member

No it is not. Absolutely without a doubt, not true. It is likely a scam site intended to gain money through illegitimate means.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

When the untethered JB and unlock for the current version of IOS is available, you won't have to expend 2 days searching, it will come up everywhere in like 30secs.

4. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I got the same question also, can iOS5 be unlocked on the iphone 4 with the gevey sim or any other method yet?

5. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

yes if u preserve ur baseband via redsn0w then u can unlock the iphone 4 via gevey!

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Gevey can unlock any baseband below 5.0. there is also ways to preserve bb before upfrading not after. only baseband that can be unlocked without gevey 1.59. Of course Google would have shared this info too. ;)

7. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

That's the problem I was asking, I'm thinking of buying one off ebay and have no clue if the seller has preserved the baseband or not while upgrading to ios 5. I assume that they haven't preserved it, otherwise, they would have included it in the description.