Iphone 4/iPad HDMI Adapter (3rd party)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ItsJustafnPhone, Oct 17, 2010.

1. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

2. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

3. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

doesnt pretty much any TV / Projector with an HDMI in also have a VGA in anyways?

edit: it really really sounds just like an integrated VGA -> HDMI converter. Isn't it limited to video then?

4. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

this doesnt provide you with any extra video quality

5. ItsJustafnPhone thread starter macrumors 6502a

True to all points, but most new TV's dont have VGA input, they usually have HDMI and usually DVI

Another thing not made clear is whether it carries audio too, which would make it pretty sweet, since the VGA adapter only does video

6. SoybeanStasher macrumors regular

I'm not sure why Apple created a VGA adapter anyway. What modern display device has VGA input? You're almost always going to need a VGA-to-DVI or VGA-to-HDMI adapter anyway. This product at least takes away the need for attaching two adapters to your iPad.

7. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Isn't it obvious yet? They want to coax you into using Airplay and the ATV.

8. kingchar macrumors newbie

HDMI adapter

Apple iPod Dock special interface has self-contained units. Although the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch has video output capability, it can't be achieved unless you purchase another switch device. Apple's product currently only provide the interface to the VGA or component Dock interface cable, it seems like behind the times some time in the digital audio. Recently, our company show you a iPod Dock interface to HDMI adapter cable products, it support iPad,newest iPhone 4, fourth-generation iPod touch and so on. When it is connected to the TV or other HDMI player devices by one HDMI cable line, the adapter can output vedio and audio synchronously. It don't need to do any settings, pluging and playing.
    The HDMI adapter is up to 1920x1200 resolution, but as functional constraints, the current iPad, iPhone 4 and the highest fourth-generation iPod touch just can output 1024x768 resolution. However, part of films downloaded from the iTunes store online can't be played through the HDMI duing to the copyright protection limits.

Below is our contact information.If you are interested in it,contact us please.
    MSN:kingchar@live.com
    YM:kingon@yahoo.com

9. ItsJustafnPhone thread starter macrumors 6502a

so you are saying this adapter supports video and audio via a single HDMI cable ?

if so I will e-mail you asap

10. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

English, do you speak it?

11. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

sounds like it can

12. kingchar macrumors newbie

[​IMG]
    so you are saying this adapter supports video and audio via a single HDMI cable ?

yes,the HDMI adapter do support video and audio by one single HDMI cable line connecting to the TV or other HDMI devices.

13. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Can you give us a price here so everyone can see how much it is to buy?

14. tombee macrumors member

looks like a great product.
    what is US$ cost?
    Wonder if it works with the netflix app and/or the tv out cydia app.

15. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

16. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

17. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Agreed. Might as well get the component cables for $40.

18. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I will sell you mine for 35$ :)

19. ItsJustafnPhone thread starter macrumors 6502a

I would gladly pay $59 if it also had a USB cable for charging

How can companies/apple still not realize this... Video cable + playing movies = Kills battery life

20. kingchar macrumors newbie

HDMI Adapter

The cost based on the quantity you order.50 pcs's price is US$ 35 per piece.
    Thanks.

21. ipad4ever macrumors newbie

Got this one and one from gadget4ipad. Very similar except the one from gadget has 6" cable. Neither one is HDCP so I had to jailbreak my iPad and install "Display Out" from Cydia. Work nicely with NetFlix and Hulu when connect directly to TV. However neither works through my HDMI input on my receiver. Maybe the signal strength from iPad is insufficient.

22. JonTa macrumors member

The 59$ is a rip-off. I would fork additional 40$ and buy ATV and use airplay + you can charge the iPhone while playing

23. gnychis macrumors 6502

24. ipad4ever macrumors newbie

Actually the new $99 Apple TV is what I pick up first. Home sharing and airplay don't work all the time. End up buying the adapter to connect direct to TV. It turn out in addition to watching movies, web browsing on 60" TV with iPad was fantastic. Only wish it is wireless instead of a long HDMI cable.