iPhone 4 iPod Headset Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jlake02, Aug 16, 2010.

1. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Lately I've been having problems with the headset that came with my i4. I'm not sure if it's the headset or the phone jack.

When I'm listening to podcasts or music using the iPod feature, songs will fast forward, start over and pause without notice. Then the "Voice Control" will randomly pop up and the volume fluctuates. (Damn thing seems haunted.)

I'm not sure if it's a faulty headset or if my i4 headset jack is faulty (or maybe even a software issue). I am going to do more testing but wanted to see if anyone else is having similar issues.

(Using iOS 4.0)

2. jlake02 thread starter macrumors 68020

jlake02

3. enystrom1 macrumors newbie

I'm having a similar issue, but doesn't sound as severe as yours. When riding my bike with the stock apple iPhone headphones (three button + mic) Voice Control will randomly trigger, repeatedly and simultaneously. The volume and song track do not change though. Very annoying as it pauses Pandora and then finally stops it all together.

The only thing I can think of is that sweat is somehow shorting the middle button on the headphone cord? I do sweat profusely (sorry, TMI) when I'm riding since I live in Arizona, but damn this seems weird. I'll try riding with my old headphones from my original iPod that doesn't have any controls.

I'll report back...

On a side note, sometimes when not riding I will try to turn the volume down via the headphone controls and it will initially turn the volume UP one notch and then it will go down. Also weird. This has happened on two sets of Apple iPhone headphones.