Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwsparrow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
I was able to jailbreak my phone using pwnage tool for mac earlier. It was working just fine for a few days. After adding source after source, my phone showed the loading screen for a long time. I waited through several tv shows at the time. Now I am trying to go back and reload the custom .ipsw file that I created previously using pwnage tool.

My question: Do I have to redo the same package and bundle using pwnage tool(open pwnage, select original 4.3.3 software and then create the custom firmware), or can I just load the old firmware? It isnt working for me right now and I continue getting the error 21 message in iTunes. It isnt that hard to create a new package, but in the future, I might not be able to create that. Or will I?

Thanks!!

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Once you create the custom firmware, you can use it as many times as you wish. Don't forget to use pwnage's dfu or your install won't work.

bwsparrow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Also, this is now the second time my phone has showed the loading screen forever. Is there something wrong, or is this something that happens?

I am jailbroken 4.3.3 pawnage tool on iPhone 4.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.