iPhone 4 is 99% unresponsive

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Awjvail, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Awjvail macrumors 6502

Hi there,

I've got a strange problem with my iPhone 4.

I'm stuck on the lockscreen right now. I can see the "Slide to Unlock" animations and all of my notifications are coming in, so the phone is still functioning.

I can double tap the home button to bring up the iPod controls and turn the screen on and off with the power button. The volume buttons work, as well as the mute switch, and if I hold the power button and home button down simultaneously it takes a screenshot. If I hold the power button, the "Slide to power off" slider comes down. However, if I HOLD the power button (which is supposed to hard reset it), nothing happens. I can hold it all day and it does nothing.

I'm currently restoring via DFU mode, seems to be going smoothly. I haven't been able to test yet if the touchscreen works, still sitting on the Apple logo with loading bar.

I'm on iOS5 and I know this is a part of the "beta" experience. Has anybody else had something such as this happen on their device?

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Actually you have to hold both the home button and power button simultaneously to hard reset it.