iPhone 4 is dead

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ricco, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Ricco macrumors newbie

OK so i have had my iphone 4 since launch day and it has been working fine for the most part.. i consider it to be very laggy but thats another story. Anyway, Jail broken the day that was released, but today it just died.. The screen went blank and pressing any/all of the buttons does nothing.. Plugged it in the wall, nothing - plugged it in the computer, nothing...

Should I take it into AT&T or what (there is an AT&T store in my town but Apple is an hour away)? I am scared that they will discover it was jailbroken and charge me for a new one.

Thanks,
    Richard.

2. mediaboy macrumors member

Hold the power and center button for a while. I have had the same thing happen to me and it worked.

Just showed the Apple logo and booted back up.

Good luck.

3. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Just take it in. If you can't turn it on, chances are they can't either. So, they won't know you JB it. Even then, what other option do you really have.

4. Ricco thread starter macrumors newbie

You're a champ! Worked a treat, thanks mate!

5. mediaboy macrumors member

Glad to hear. I know the feeling when the thing wont respond and you worry about the jailbreak voiding the warranty!