iPhone 4 - Is it going to be the one for me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NaomiSmithxO, Aug 23, 2010.

1. NaomiSmithxO macrumors member

NaomiSmithxO

Hey all! :)
    First post and whatnot but i'm already reading the forums and thought to join in. (Y).

Really i'm trying to find a phone, that keeps me entertained, thats stops me from carrying around my iPod Classic all the time, that allows me to download Youtube videos on to it, thats has awesome internet capabilities...

Since December 2009 i've changed my phone 3 times:
    - Blackberry Storm 2 (-Facepalm-)
    - HTC HD2 (Was good but got boring after a while)
    - Blackberry Bold 9700 (Current phone)

I like my BB 9700 but its boring, the only thing I like about it is Blackberry Messenger and the push email facility..

Anyway getting to the point, next week Tuesday, i'm getting paid and the plan is to sell my Blackberry Bold 9700 and to go and buy an iPhone 4 32GB direct from Apple in Covent Garden.

I'm tired of changing my phone and am tired of paying out to keep changing it, I just wanna make up my mind for good..

The reason for the 32GB is because I have an iPod Classic and I want to put quite a bit of music on it, and I know i'll end up recording loads of videos and downloading loads of apps etc.

I also am always on the internet on my phone and whatnot and lots of people who have the iPhone 4 have recommended it to me..

It will be my first iPhone.. was just wondering does it sound like i'm going to be suited to it?

I've played around with it for hours in the Apple store and loved it..

Tl;dr: iPhone 4, will it be for me?

Also whats the music quality like on the iPhone 4, is it on par with the iPod Classic, yet even better?

Sorry for the long post.

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yes it's for you. Music quality is just fine.

3. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

If you plan on recording lots of videos, you use iTunes, and you want a good mobile browser, the iPhone 4 should be perfect. The iPhone 4 camera records in 720p HD, and Safari is the best mobile browser, even without Flash. Safari runs super smooth, it is easy to use, and with the iPhone 4's un-matched screen, you can read really small text fairly easily.

I do want to warn you that you cannot download YouTube videos on it. You can bookmark your favorites, but they will not be stored on your phone. And I can't say anything on audio quality because I honestly do not have that great of a sense of hearing. :p

4. PrincessMelody macrumors member

Hello and welcome NaomiSmithxO!!

I say go for it!! I think you'll love it!! When I got my first iPhone, my only regret was not getting it sooner!! It's so fun and easy to use.:)

5. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

6. NaomiSmithxO thread starter macrumors member

NaomiSmithxO

Okies..thanks for the replies so far guys. :)

32GB will that be enough?

Considering i'm going to store about 1,500 songs on it (max) downloads loads of apps and take video's?

Or should I downgrade to 16GB?

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This is just an estimate, but that many songs will probably come in around 8 GB if you turn on the 'compress' feature. So...slightly higher if you don't turn it on.

With apps and some home movies you're probably looking at having 12-14 GB on your phone.

So...16 would be ok...but lets say you rip some DVDs. You're looking at about 1 GB per movie...throw 3 on there and suddenly you're over. I also like to sync photos from my computer to my phone. I tend to have around 5 GB at any one time of just photos.

In other words, you could fit your life on a 16 GB phone but you'd be far happier with the 32. I'd suggest the higher capacity.

8. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

[​IMG]

Go for the 32GB, it holds a lot more.

9. aohus macrumors 68000

hey OP, you seem to be a former heavy BB user. so was i. a lot of bb owners are jumping ship for android. android OS has by far a superior notification system than the iPhone. I would highly recommend Android OS if you're more business oriented. If you just want to play games and like apple app store offerings, go to apple.

and as for storage space, SD cards are accepted, so you will never have issue with storage space!

sample pic of my home screen. its simple and gets the job done. plethora of widgets to choose from android marketplace.
    [​IMG]

10. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Oh really? Well, I was a heavy BB user myself before getting an iPhone, and I've never looked back. Android might be fine for your needs, but it is definitely not for everyone.......

11. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Android is a very good os but it's not refined. My mrs has a galaxy s with a 1ghz processor and it chugs quite common

12. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

I agree with you, as I had the Motorola Backflip. It went back to AT&T less than 24 hours later.

13. aohus macrumors 68000

Android is not as polished as Apple's iOS. Out of the box, iOS 4 is by far a superior OS than Android. However, customization is limited on the iPhone, but thats a moot point for most mainstream users who are not technically literate.

to be honest, i grew tired of the iOS environment and wanted a change, therefore I'm with Android. Diversify though, its a good thing.

Sure, its not for everyone, but I was just throwing out alternatives so he can make the best decision with options in mind.

14. shandyman Suspended

thats quite a condescending post really. i'm extremely technically literate as are the majority of my friends and we all have iPhones. we've had them since the original and have no real complaints.

15. RedburnIV macrumors regular

RedburnIV

I had a blackberry Curve before I switched to ATT and the Iphone 4. This is just my two cents, but it sounds like the Iphone 4 would be perfect for you. I'd go with the 32gb. It's worth it and you have the extra space if you need. I went with the 16 and wish I had the 32. I always had trouble with my blackberry with applications never working or freezing so it was a pleasant surprise to go to the Iphone 4 and have everything working flawlessly. Ultimately, its your call, but if you do decide to get the iphone 4 then I'd also say get a case. Dropped mine from a few feet and have a small crack on the back. That was a bad day haha. let us know what you decide!! Hopefully you enjoy it!! :)

16. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Go for it, mate! You seem to like it, and yes, go for the 32GB. You'll be glad you did. :D

17. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

+ 1. :rolleyes: