iPhone 4 is slick...too slick

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MrCheeto, Aug 14, 2010.

1. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Just picked up the iPhone 4 two days ago...and held onto the thing for dear life!

I swarez, it's like those "Water Snake" toys, squirming and resisting like a cat in a shower. My heart stops each time I unholster it, praying it doesn't leap like Air Jordan's and end up on the ground, causing me to regress into my depressive state. Seriously, the iPhone 4 is excellent for depression symptoms. No app required!

But super seriously, now: does Jobs get off, somehow, by creating products that can't be handled safely and reliably, as if it's a game of Jell-O toss?

"Buy a case, you sniveling gnarb." Bite me.
    Since when does Apple rely on cases so much?
    iBook Clamshell, 9-years-old, not a scratch.
    MacBook Air that I'm formatting for a client, brushed and gouged like a DeLorean.

Is slickness a feature? I see we're getting closer to surfaces that are so slick, dust and grease whip off them mothers like Scarlet off of a coffee table. My first thought when I saw that video, "That table could use another coat."

Perhaps we will have iPhones that are so matter-repulsive they levitate!!! Actually, we're very close!

I shot this with an iPhone 4, by the way. Impressive quality, even after cropping. Not so much after compression =\

Levitating iPhone

2. halisray macrumors regular

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I find it quote obvious that you did not read this thread. He addressed that idea specifically.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I don't have any problems holding the iPhone 4. Sounds like an 80/20 problem to me.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

Another very well-written piece by Mr Cheeto.:p

I have to disagree with you though- I don't find my iP4 slick at all. I find that the glass sticks to my skin when I grip it.

But not super seriously now: I've even been able to spin my iPhone in a circle, over and over again, on the tip of my finger. It's almost like a non-stop spinning carnival ride. I wish I could get on and ride it repeatedly until it seems like an infinite loop.

Jello toss is fun: don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

6. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I've tried it...it stained my favorite Whitesnake shirt >8/

At any rate; the glass STICKS to my skin, greatness. However when unholstering the phone, one must grip it from the sides. My hands are cramping, due to the minuscule proportions and strength necessary to securely hold the phone. I mean, am I imagining things when I see Steve actually stressing while attempting to hold the phone during the release event?

Otherwise, this thing is all I dreamed of as a child...I can remember the days I used to dream about...oops, too late, I'm bored of it.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

There's your problem there, you holster your phone in one of those lame, should've stayed in the 90s, belt holsters. Get rid of that nonsense. If you insist on keeping it, get a skin that includes coverings for your sides.

8. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

1. It protects and keeps it in a consistent and dependable place.
    2. 90's>You

Picked up a Body Glove for work. Solves the slipping and the sliding.

Also, the only way to securely grip the phone is to rest it in your palm, similar to the "There's an App for that" ads. But I notice that if I hold it like this, downloads slow down and even my bars drop. I haven't dropped one call because I'm right handed, and holding it in the left hand while placing a call is often called, "doing it wrong".
    The case I bought seems to eleviate this issue. The reception, that is, not the right-hand-dominance, I have that covered since my grandparents conditioned me to use my right hand from a very young age.