iPhone 4 issue (ear speaker)

dlsife

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
The speaker for the phone just stopped working. The one near your ear. Can't hear anything on a phone call, for example. Just dead. Using speaker phone works fine (where the sound comes out down near the bottom speaker). Nothing from the ear speaker. No other problems and no damage to the phone.

Anyone else have this issue come up or have a potential solution?

Thanks.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
The speaker for the phone just stopped working. The one near your ear. Can't hear anything on a phone call, for example. Just dead. Using speaker phone works fine (where the sound comes out down near the bottom speaker). Nothing from the ear speaker. No other problems and no damage to the phone.

Anyone else have this issue come up or have a potential solution?

Thanks.
I had the same issue with my iPhone 4, ended up being replaced by Apple.

ricta

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2013
not happy

had my 4S replaced 3 times and now it has started doing it again, i am over it

looks like i need to change, my i3 was no issue, maybe samsung is the go

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Dealing with an iPhone that experiences this sporadically for different periods of time. Keep on wondering how to get it to Apple to be fixed or replaced if majority of the time it's fine and only sometimes has this issue (which lasts different amounts of time too). Trying to catch it just right and take it to an Apple store where there is a Genius that would even be available to look at that moment when it's actually experiencing the issue seems like it would be somewhat hard to pull off.