Iphone 4 issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cycomunky, Mar 18, 2011.

1. cycomunky macrumors newbie

Hi all, Chris here from Australia, First post.

Just wondering if anyone else has the same issues I have been having with my Iphone 4 16gig running 4.3.

When I answer calls and put it on loud speaker, and then change it back to normal spaker after a while, Some times it will go straight back to loudspeaker, or mute the phone call, Its like the sensor doesn't sense that its against my ear.

Now this is the fourth phone I have had exchanged, not all for this issue, but the last two have done it to me, including a brand new one direct from apple headoffice in australia.

They claim that there was a software update some time ago to fix this issue and don't see why it would still be doing it.

I just not sure if im going insane and picking on a silly issue with the phone lol

So any help will be much appreciated.

2. jdaniel, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

jdaniel macrumors 65816

I never had an issue.. but I press the loudspeaker off button before i put it to my ear. So I cant say about your problem, how about you try that... maybe i misunderstood and you imply that you do press the buttons LOL...I guess you have to because it does not auto switch to speaker off when you bring it to your ear, I just tried it.

But yeah I havent had that problem before, I do however notice when I bring it to my ear for exampl the ear touching certain buttons will activate the functions say for example keypad... dont know whether that will apply in your scenario coz i dont have the details.

3. cycomunky thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah lol. i always press loud speaker off before i put it back to my ear. And exactly what you are saying, that you ear touching causes it to do things at times.

Thats excaclty what mines doing but flicking from loudspeaker to normal. But this only does it if i have used loud speaker during the phonecall (which i do quite oftern)

I don't think its the way im holding the phone, as my first 2 iphone 4's didn't do it, nor did my 3GS and have held them all the same.

its weird, I just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this, Ill wait and see what apple comes back with during the week.

4. jdaniel macrumors 65816

I guess its out ears hahahah we have to fix them LOL my ear presses the keypad button yours presses the other ones hahaha I doubt theres anything they can do....

On the other thread try the call lock thing...