iPhone 4 Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Megann1201, May 8, 2013.

1. Megann1201 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone...

I'm having a kind of major problem with my iPhone 4...
    The other day it randomly died even though my battery was nowhere near dead. Then when I plugged it into a charger it came back on at 100% but was "Searching" for service. At that point if I unplugged it the phone would die again. A few hours later (after I plugged it into my car charger) it was fine again working like normal.

Yesterday this happened again but since then its status hasn't changed. Has anyone had this problem? Any thoughts as to what I can do to fix it or what may be the issue?

Thanks

2. Yeti89 macrumors member

Thats to bad man. For something like that I would try a system restore. Just plug it into iTunes and you can restore from a backup that is older than the problem you are experiencing. If that doesn't fix it do a restore as a new iPhone and don't use a back up to get all you contents and settings back. Just add them manually. Your only real hope of fixing that yourself is if it is a software error. If it is hardware you would have to take it to Apple.

3. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

Wrong section but you should restore it.

Plug it into iTunes, make sure to do a backup, then go Restore.

It will do that then automatically take you to the page to reload your data, select the backup and everything will go back.

Might solve your problem.