iPhone iPhone 4 jail break

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mguti, Jul 17, 2012.

1. mguti macrumors member

I jailbroke my iPhone using Absinthe v2.0.4, I really don't use any of the jailbreak features so I decided to restore back to factory settings. I looked at the sticky at the top of this thread and looked at the step by step guide to restore iPhone. Instead of resetting through iTunes I decided to reset through the setting on the iPhone. My screen is black and the little thinking wheel or what ever it is called is spinning in the middle of the screen and has been for the last 20 minutes. Is that normal? When I restored to factory settings before jailbreaking it only took around 4-5 minutes to restore. If this is not normal what can I do to get my iPhone back to working condition?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

yeah it happend because you didn't fallow instructions. get it in DFU mode and restore it.. btw your right jailbreaking isn;t for you stay stock. ;)

3. mguti thread starter macrumors member

Haha thanks. I got it into dfu mode and iTunes recognized my iPhone and it says downloading new firmware and restoring.

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

So you read what TO do, but then decided to go with what NOT TO DO? I'd say you've found your problem, lol.

In any event, the DFU resotre should handle it. If not, post back here as there are a ton of other fixes to run through.

5. mguti thread starter macrumors member

Yep that's exactly what I did. iTunes is says that it is downloading iPhone software update. So we will see what happens.

6. mguti thread starter macrumors member

All is good. The dfu mode and restoring to yesterday's backup work like a charm.

7. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Great - Glad it worked! Remember, no matter what you hear/read - NEVER "Erase all conent & Settings" on a jailbroken device.

This caused a TON of problems when Absinthe came out because there was a tutorial out there somewhere that told people to do this - all of them ended up with a much more complicated mess than they needed!

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Harsh !

We were all noobs at one point with making some wrong turns along the way !

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

Maybe if people aren't willing to invest a minimum amount of time learning I feel they should just avoid it. just like anything the more your willing to learn the better of you are.